The draw held on February 10 is the third one to be held by the province in 2022.
523 invitations issued by Quebec in new Arrima draw
Details from Quebec’s third immigration draw were just released this week
The province of Quebec held a new Arrima draw on February 10, 2022, and issued invitations to 523 skilled workers to apply for permanent selection.
Quebec’s Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration (MIFI) issued the invitations to immigration candidates who submitted applications under the Quebec Regular Skilled Worker Program (QSWP).
In order to be considered for the draw, candidates were required to have a profile in the Arrima Expression of Interest system, meet a minimum score of at least 592 and have an occupation in one of the NOCs listed below:
- 0213 Computer and information systems managers
- 2147 Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers)
- 2171 Information systems analysts and consultants
- 2172 Database analysts and data administrators
- 2173 Software engineers and designers
- 2174 Computer programmers and interactive media developers
- 2175 Web designers and developers
- 2241 Electrical and electronics engineering technologists and technicians
- 2281 Computer network technicians
- 2282 User support technicians
- 2283 Information systems testing technicians
- 3012 Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
- 3233 Licensed practical nurses
- 3413 Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates
- 4031 Secondary school teachers
- 4032 Elementary school and kindergarten teachers
- 4214 Early childhood educators and assistants
- 5131 Producers, directors, choreographers and related occupations
- 5223 Graphic arts technicians
- 5241 Graphic designers and illustrators
- 6221 Technical sales specialists – wholesale trade
The draw held on February 10 is the third one to be held by the province in 2022. The three draws have resulted in a combined total of 1,357 invitations issued.
It’s a pretty big number when compared with 2021 where only 3,564 candidates were invited in total over the span of the entire year.
Quebec plans to admit between 49,500 to 52,000 new immigrants across all the immigration categories to the province in 2022. This is on top of the 18,000 admissions that are being carried over from 2020 when the government didn’t meet its target due to the pandemic. In short, 2022 will be a very busy year for Quebec.